Even during winter months, some of us are battling oily skin. Let's be honest, no one likes to look in the mirror at lunch time and see their own reflection on their forehead! Here are a few steps to control oil and some of my favorite products to help you fight the battle.
1. Moisturize- this may seem counterproductive, but if you aren't moisturizing enough, your skin may be overproducing oil to keep your skin hydrated.
2. Toner- not only does toning minimize pores, it also helps keep oil under wraps and ensures that your skin is squeaky clean.
3. Primer- yes, I am a broken record, but using a primer really does make a difference- especially a mattifying primer.
4. Set It- Setting your makeup with a powder locks it in place and absorbs any access oil or product- using a matte powder will work double duty to set your makeup and absorb oils throughout the day.
5. Head to the Bathroom- not to use the bathroom, to grab one of those nifty sheets they keep behind the toilet. No, I'm not crazy. Toilet seat covers are the same material as those snazzy oil control blotting sheets you ran out of and forgot to buy more of. "Lift up, pull down" and blot!