Face masks are one of my favorite skin care products- but there are so many to choose from you may not know where to start. These are my top 3 favorite masks and they work for all skin types.
1. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask This mask is made with red clay and dries to a tight, peel off finish. Not only does it feel amazing to pull the thin mask off the skin once dry, it pulls off dead skin and cleans deep into your pores.
2. GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment This mask is perfect as our skin tends to dry out from colder weather. It's part of the noteworthy GLAMGLOW family and the clear gel hydrates and replenishes skin. Not ready to spend $69 on a mask? This comes in a nifty trial size for just $19!
3. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask Another great mask for this time of year- when we have been piling on makeup for celebration after celebration. This mask brings in the big guns to do the heavy lifting, clearing all of the unwanted "junk" from your pores. It works deep down to leave skin feeling amazingly clean and fresh. This overachiever comes in a trial size too!
After countless holiday celebrations, lots of makeup and probably a lack of sleep, our skin can use a little TLC to start the new year off right. A refreshing, exfoliating scrub is a great way to slough off dead skin and deep clean your tired, makeup covered skin. I love to keep these scrubs in the shower and follow with a rich moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Polish is a deeper exfoliant with a more sandy texture- giving a buffing sensation to leave your skin smooth and glowing.
The St. Ives Even & Bright scrub is energizing and smells delicious! It's a much more gentle scrub and has a very small grain texture.
Everyone needs to have a go-to holiday makeup look in their collection, and it's even better when it doesn't break the bank! This look is perfect for a holiday party with friends, a work event or even New Year's Eve. This gold, smoky eye adds an extra touch of glam and is simple to achieve. I chose three lip colors so there is a little something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a neutral look, a bright holiday look or a dramatic evening look- all pair perfectly with the gold!
Gold glam smoky eye...
1. Dip a flat shadow brush into your pigment (loose, concentrated shadow) and lightly spray the brush with the Mist & Set ( this helps the powder stick) and pat all over the lid up to the crease.
2. Apply a light brown shadow (or even bronzer) into the crease using a large fluffy brush to blend everything together.
2. Line the upper and lower lash line with your favorite black eyeliner- I chose the L'Oreal Smoldering eye pencil because it smudges nicely so you don't have to worry about making a perfect line- just run a pencil brush over the liner to create a smoky look.
3. Apply several coats of your favorite mascara and if you're feeling extra glam- apply some false lashes!
The holidays are upon us! Not only is this a joyous time of year filled with celebration and cheer, but beautiful makeup palettes too! I have picked my top 5 palettes for the season and love that all of them are perfect for year round looks.
Top pick... Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette. If you don't own any of the Naked palettes, do yourself favor and pick up this limited edition version before it's gone. All of the Naked palettes are amazing, especially if you love neutrals, but this one doesn't only have eyeshadows, but everything you need for a complete look- even mascara! It's a one stop shop for the perfect day or night look!
Runner up... Too Faced Everything Nice Set. This palette also features a little bit of everything, well a lot of everything! I especially love the variety of looks you can create with the shadows and the bronzer in this palette is one of my favorites.
All about the eyes... Urban Decay Vice 3. If you're ready to step up your eye game, this palette is for you. Not only is the color variety aaaamazing but the color payoff and eyeshadow quality is great too!
Overall glow... Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. These are so gorgeous I couldn't choose a favorite. The highlighting palette gives any look the perfect, natural looking glow and the blush combines the luminous highlighter with a flush of color for your cheeks. If you've been searching for the perfect highlighter, look no further, it doesn't get better than this!
I've mentioned my new favorite skincare line First Aid Beauty (FAB) a time or two and had to share this multi-tasking, easy to use product. These facial radiance pads exfoliate, tone and treat your skin with a swift, easy swipe! The pre-moistened pads have the perfect amount of product and leave your skin vibrant and bright. I like these little guys so much that I went back for the full size after burning through the sample size!
This fall is all about color. Pairing jewel tones with neutrals and deep lip will give you the perfect balance for a bold makeup look. Check out this beautiful fall look using affordable products that you can find at your local drugstore.
L'oreal True Match Foundation $7
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer $8
NYX Baked Blush $7
NYX Matte Bronzer $9
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow $9
NYX Jumbo Pencil $5
L'Oreal Smoldering Eyeliner $8
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick $7
Hopefully you haven't gone too crazy cleaning out your closet because fall is back and lucky for you lot's of last years favorites are still looking good! Fall brings deep, rich colors, new foot ware and layering! Here are some great staples for your fall wardrobe that can be paired with basics to keep you on trend this season! I even snuck in some super steals so you can rock the hottest looks of the season regardless of your budget!
Booties are back! The best part of investing in a good, basic pair of boots... you can wear them year after year!
These perforated, suede booties from Sole Society are perfect to transition from summer to fall and the neutral color makes them super versatile... wear them with black skinnies or a fitted midi skirt.
Midi of the road! Midi skirts are the perfect piece to dress up or down. Pair it with a pair of sky high pumps and a silk cami for a night our or booties and a button down for a day at the office. You'll see these skirts in tons of silhouettes this season too so you can find the cut that flatters your shape.
Fall for flannel! When I think of fall, I think of flannel. It's cozy, cute and can be colorful. It's the perfect layering piece to have in your closet. Wear it over a tight cotton dress tied at the waist or throw it on with skinnies for a casual weekend outfit.
Feminine Fatigues! This rugged jacket is the perfect compliment to feminine florals or can make an all black ensemble a little more interesting. My favorite is the olive green color but these stylish and practical jackets come in several neutral shades making them a great staple that matches with everything.
So your makeup is complete and you want to top off your look with the perfect lip color… that stays! Long lasting lip color is an age old battle of makeup application. Lipsticks that promise a longer wear tend to be drying and those that don't make outlandish claims of lasting hours on end tend to wear off after your first sip of coffee or your first cocktail at happy hour. So how do we stand up to this struggle? There are a few steps to make any standard lip color last longer but if you're running out the door or need a quick fix for to transition from day to night in your rear view mirror- we can take care of that too with just one product!
5 Magic Steps…
1. Conceal your lips! Yes you will look a little scary after this step, but don't worry it's just for a minute. This will not only prime your lips so the product sticks, but neutralizing the color of your lips will allow whatever you apply to appear more pigmented.
2. Powder your pout! Dusting a loose or pressed powder over the concealer will absorb any natural oils on your lips helping the product to stay in place.
3. Line it up! Whether using a lipstick or gloss, liner will help the color last longer with its waxy texture. Depending on the look you are going for, you can stay on the line only or color in your lips for an all-over color effect. Fun trick for a fuller pout- after lining your lips, concentrate the color on the corners of your mouth to create a contour, leaving the center of your lips a lighter color.
4. Slap on the Stick (or gloss…or both)! Apply your lipstick, gloss or both all over the lips. A few sweeping motions to get the color on the lips followed by a patting motion with the same product, will ensure that the color is in place. If you're just going for gloss… you're all done!
5. Powder Part 2! If you're looking for a fuller color and opted for lipstick, grab a loose translucent powder and a tissue, hold the tissue over your lips and dust the tissue with a large, fluffy brush. Just like step 2, this will eliminate any oils from the lips and seal your color. If you still want to add some sheen, apply gloss after this step. Dabbing gloss to the center of the lips only will give the illusion of fuller lips… Hello Angelina!
Ok, if you are totally overwhelmed by the 5 step pout… have no fear! This bad boy will do the trick and keep your lips looking fab all night long. Lip stains are notorious for being drying, and limited in color range. Lucky for us…. the geniuses at Tarte Cosmetics know what's up! Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints combine a long lasting tint of color with moisture! What?! They have a bunch of great colors and have matte and glossy finishes. I know… too good to be true!
Now you're set… work with what you have in your makeup bag and get wild with all kinds of fun colors or hit Sephora and pick up Tarte's magic stick for long lasting lips!
Ready or not, here it comes! Depending on where you live, the season may already be starting to change. And even though it's hard to leave summer behind, you don't need to leave all of it! That's right- some of your favorite products are perfect to transition from a fresh summer face to an easy fall look!
1. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion or Cream
This moisturizer comes in both a cream and lotion formula. Obviously the cream is a tad heavier but I found both lightweight enough for summer and rich enough for the cooler weather that comes in the fall. "FAB" offers an extensive line of products that are gentle and great for sensitive skin. This may be my new favorite skin care line so stay tuned for more reviews on their products!
2. BareMinerals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
Yes, this is not the first time I am mentioning this perfect everyday foundation. Not only is lightweight with an SPF, which makes it ideal for summer, it's hydrating and brightening too! This makes for a great transition product that you can keep wearing to make your skin glow even when the sun stops!
3. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
I've been a die hard L'Oreal Voluminous fan for quite some time so I decided to get crazy and try another version of my favorite. This mascara is great. It's build-able formula is perfect to transition from a light coat for the beach to a more dramatic layered look for fall. The brush has millions of tiny bristles so it doesn't get clumpy and really just makes your lashes look fab!
4. Lip Balms and Glosses
We tend to think of tinted lip balms or glosses in the summer but why put them away for fall? When we head into colder months, we tend to think of darker colors but that doesn't mean we have to pick up dry lipsticks! Keep your lip balms and glosses on hand to keep you lips moisturized as the weather cools down. Feeling adventurous?! Layer your balms or glosses with your lipsticks for different color combos and finishes- it's the best of both worlds!
Just because the sun is gone doesn't mean your skin can't have a golden glow! Bronzer is great for more than just an overall sun kissed look. Swap out your big, fluffy bronzing brush and reach for a smaller blush or contour brush. Focusing the darker color on the hollows of your cheek, temples and jawline will give you a more chiseled and refined look that's perfect for fall.
bareMinerals became a household name when they introduced the world to mineral powder foundation. The tried and true mineral cosmetics brand recently launched their first ever liquid foundation! Being an old school bareMineral's fan myself, I had to check it out. The Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, although quite a mouthful to say, is AMAZING! I must admit, I was a little skeptical that the magical powder formula wouldn't translate well to a liquid but this serum foundation lives up to the hype.
A few of the highlights:
This foundation has definitely made my top 5 list for everyday foundations. Looking for something new with medium coverage, SPF and has skin benefits (who isn't)? Check it out!