This fall is all about color. Pairing jewel tones with neutrals and deep lip will give you the perfect balance for a bold makeup look. Check out this beautiful fall look using affordable products that you can find at your local drugstore.
L'oreal True Match Foundation $7
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer $8
NYX Baked Blush $7
NYX Matte Bronzer $9
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow $9
NYX Jumbo Pencil $5
L'Oreal Smoldering Eyeliner $8
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick $7
Hopefully you haven't gone too crazy cleaning out your closet because fall is back and lucky for you lot's of last years favorites are still looking good! Fall brings deep, rich colors, new foot ware and layering! Here are some great staples for your fall wardrobe that can be paired with basics to keep you on trend this season! I even snuck in some super steals so you can rock the hottest looks of the season regardless of your budget!
Booties are back! The best part of investing in a good, basic pair of boots... you can wear them year after year!
These perforated, suede booties from Sole Society are perfect to transition from summer to fall and the neutral color makes them super versatile... wear them with black skinnies or a fitted midi skirt.
Midi of the road! Midi skirts are the perfect piece to dress up or down. Pair it with a pair of sky high pumps and a silk cami for a night our or booties and a button down for a day at the office. You'll see these skirts in tons of silhouettes this season too so you can find the cut that flatters your shape.
Fall for flannel! When I think of fall, I think of flannel. It's cozy, cute and can be colorful. It's the perfect layering piece to have in your closet. Wear it over a tight cotton dress tied at the waist or throw it on with skinnies for a casual weekend outfit.
Feminine Fatigues! This rugged jacket is the perfect compliment to feminine florals or can make an all black ensemble a little more interesting. My favorite is the olive green color but these stylish and practical jackets come in several neutral shades making them a great staple that matches with everything.
So your makeup is complete and you want to top off your look with the perfect lip color… that stays! Long lasting lip color is an age old battle of makeup application. Lipsticks that promise a longer wear tend to be drying and those that don't make outlandish claims of lasting hours on end tend to wear off after your first sip of coffee or your first cocktail at happy hour. So how do we stand up to this struggle? There are a few steps to make any standard lip color last longer but if you're running out the door or need a quick fix for to transition from day to night in your rear view mirror- we can take care of that too with just one product!
5 Magic Steps…
1. Conceal your lips! Yes you will look a little scary after this step, but don't worry it's just for a minute. This will not only prime your lips so the product sticks, but neutralizing the color of your lips will allow whatever you apply to appear more pigmented.
2. Powder your pout! Dusting a loose or pressed powder over the concealer will absorb any natural oils on your lips helping the product to stay in place.
3. Line it up! Whether using a lipstick or gloss, liner will help the color last longer with its waxy texture. Depending on the look you are going for, you can stay on the line only or color in your lips for an all-over color effect. Fun trick for a fuller pout- after lining your lips, concentrate the color on the corners of your mouth to create a contour, leaving the center of your lips a lighter color.
4. Slap on the Stick (or gloss…or both)! Apply your lipstick, gloss or both all over the lips. A few sweeping motions to get the color on the lips followed by a patting motion with the same product, will ensure that the color is in place. If you're just going for gloss… you're all done!
5. Powder Part 2! If you're looking for a fuller color and opted for lipstick, grab a loose translucent powder and a tissue, hold the tissue over your lips and dust the tissue with a large, fluffy brush. Just like step 2, this will eliminate any oils from the lips and seal your color. If you still want to add some sheen, apply gloss after this step. Dabbing gloss to the center of the lips only will give the illusion of fuller lips… Hello Angelina!
Ok, if you are totally overwhelmed by the 5 step pout… have no fear! This bad boy will do the trick and keep your lips looking fab all night long. Lip stains are notorious for being drying, and limited in color range. Lucky for us…. the geniuses at Tarte Cosmetics know what's up! Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints combine a long lasting tint of color with moisture! What?! They have a bunch of great colors and have matte and glossy finishes. I know… too good to be true!
Now you're set… work with what you have in your makeup bag and get wild with all kinds of fun colors or hit Sephora and pick up Tarte's magic stick for long lasting lips!