Although we are no longer pre-teens hanging out next to our lockers at snack time... we all still battling the occasional (or consistent) breakout. I like to keep four things in mind when fighting my breakouts...
1. Keep it clean! Brushes, hands, face, phone etc. Bacteria, oil and who knows what else hangs around in the most common areas. Keeping you brushes clean, your hands and that nifty iPhone that is on your cheek a good portion of the day will minimize the transfer of oils and dirt to your face.
2. Get back to basics! We can get carried away with fancy skincare and although a lot of it is worth the pretty penny, think back to the simple days where all you worried about was your first zit before homecoming.... Look no further than the drugstore for your Cetaphil cleanser. You can't go wrong with this stuff, it's gentle, removes makeup and leaves your skin baby soft. While you're at it, open the first aid kit and throw some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball as a toner for those stubborn areas. Guess what- it kills bacteria!
3. Let your products work overtime! There are some great foundations and concealers out there with acne fighting ingredients. Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer is great and can be paired with their Skin Clearing Foundation. Argan oil is also a great natural moisturizer/serum that fights acne while it charges your skin with vitamins and minerals! Josie Maran has a few options but you can also find great deals at your local Whole Foods!
4. Hands off! We are all guilty of this, but seriously keep your paws off that pretty face!
Another great trick is to give yourself an at home steam facial with a hot wash cloth. Sounds lovely doesn't it!? This literally melts your makeup off, opens your pores and creates the perfect canvas for any skincare or moisturizer you want to lather on. I learned this great trick from Missmaven.com. You can check out her tutorial here!
Although its still hot and sunny in Southern California, I cannot wait to dive into the rich colors featured in all the fall collections. Palettes are filled with deep jewel tones and lipsticks are bold. Check out my five favorite fall makeup trends...
1. Dark Drama- reach for palettes with deep jewel tones, plums, emeralds and blacks to play up a fun smoky eye with a pop of color.
2. Bottoms Up!- think reverse liner... instead of the classic cat eye grab a pencil brush and bring the darker shadows or rich eyeliners under your bottom lash line.
3. Mattify - this goes for your complexion (and your lips if you're up for it!) ... set the dewy look aside and finish your foundation with a powder to minimize shine.
4. All That Glitters - adding a pop of glitter to your eyes with glitter liners or a high shimmer shadow adds a bit of glam to any look.
5. Be Bold- toss the gloss and grab some of this season rich creamy lipsticks...if you're not into the classic red lip try a plum or raspberry to change things up!