Even during winter months, some of us are battling oily skin. Let's be honest, no one likes to look in the mirror at lunch time and see their own reflection on their forehead! Here are a few steps to control oil and some of my favorite products to help you fight the battle.
1. Moisturize- this may seem counterproductive, but if you aren't moisturizing enough, your skin may be overproducing oil to keep your skin hydrated.
2. Toner- not only does toning minimize pores, it also helps keep oil under wraps and ensures that your skin is squeaky clean.
3. Primer- yes, I am a broken record, but using a primer really does make a difference- especially a mattifying primer.
4. Set It- Setting your makeup with a powder locks it in place and absorbs any access oil or product- using a matte powder will work double duty to set your makeup and absorb oils throughout the day.
5. Head to the Bathroom- not to use the bathroom, to grab one of those nifty sheets they keep behind the toilet. No, I'm not crazy. Toilet seat covers are the same material as those snazzy oil control blotting sheets you ran out of and forgot to buy more of. "Lift up, pull down" and blot!
Maybelline Color Tattoo
If you have every used Mac Paint Pots- you will love these amazing cream shadows from Maybelline. They can be used as an eyeshadow base or alone. They come in tons of different colors and are super pigmented!
L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder
Want a perfectly matte powdery finish from your foundation? Here it is! This foundation is medium to full coverage and leaves your skin looking flawless and matte.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil
These colorful pencils can be used for just about anything... eyeliner, shadow base, shadow, you name it. They color pay-off is amazing and they are beyond easy to blend and smudge for any look.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Say adios to your dark circles with this magical little stick. This formula is amazing and it even comes with a squishy, sponge like applicator that feels soft and smooth on the sensitive under eye area.
Revlon ColorBurst Laquer Balm in Whimsical
The entire Revlon ColorBurst line is great, but this color is fabulous. The chubby pencil is a breeze to apply and the formula leaves your lips feeling moisturized. This color is the perfect sheer berry that would compliment any skin tone.
Help out my friend's by taking this 5-10 minute survey! Share your insights about skincare products with UCLA Anderson MBA students who are working with a major cosmetics company on a consulting project. After filling out the survey, you will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win!
Click here to start the short survey now!
Follow these 3 simple steps to love your look for date night or girl’s night!
1. Apply a shimmery liner to your lower lash line for a flirty sparkle
2. Apply highlighter to the high points of your cheek bones for an extra glow
3. Apply a kissable matte lip color or a fun gloss to finish off the look
Here are a few of my favorite drugstore products to get this look without breaking the bank!
I am loving the latest spring trend in the shoe world... caged heels! Whether you opt for the fun and flirty lace up style or a more sleek, geometrical cage pattern these heels are the perfect punch for any outfit. They are daring and bold but can still be paired with casual jeans or a cocktail dress!
Here are some of my favorite styles...