We all know how important skin care is and everyone has their favorite cleanser, brands and skin care regimen. Whatever your routine, adding a Clarisonic cleansing brush to the mix is definitely worth while.
Check out a few of the benefits this little gadget brings to the party!
• 6 times more makeup removal
• Soft, smooth skin
• Cleanses so well that products absorb better
• Reduces appearance of oily areas, dry skin patches, and blemishes
• Reduces the appearance of visible pores
(photo and tips compliments of Sephora)
If you're going to sport long tresses, it's important to take care of your ends. Here are three tips to prevent breakage and keep your hair long and healthy.
1. We all know heat takes a toll on your ends so prevent damage by applying a heat protecting product before using any styling tools.
2. Use a deep conditioner weekly. This will strengthen your hair and help repair split ends.
3. When your hair needs a serious dose of moisture, reach for the coconut oil. Use a small dollop and spread the coconut oil from the roots to the ends of your damp hair. Twist into a bun and let it set for 15 minutes in the shower. If you need intense repair or have some extra time, throw on a shower cap and let the oil soak in for an hour or over night then wash normally.
Voila! Silky long locks!
You're getting ready for work and you just stare at your closet- we've all been there. Nothing looks exciting but you don't want to throw on jeans and a plain top or black skirt and solid button down. Reach for all black! That's right- black bottoms with a black top creates the perfect canvas for a fun accessory to style up your outfit.
A colorful scarf, a bold bangle and necklace, a bright blazer or that pair of leopard or red shoes you've been dying to get more use out of but just aren't sure what to wear them with.
Let your small statement pieces do the heavy lifting!
Now that you have the right brushes, it's important to keep them clean! There are tons of different brush cleansers and techniques out there. My new favorite method is using household items- a squirt of dish washing soap and a few drops of olive oil.
Swirl the brushes in the mixture, rinse with warm water and watch the makeup dissolve into the sink! Once your brushes are squeaky clean, reshape the bristles and lay on a towel to dry over night.
You can't do the job without the right tools. Brushes and applicators may be a minor tweak in your makeup routine but can take your look from lasting a few hours to a full work day or better yet, a whole night on the dance floor.
There really is a brush for everything but there are a few basics that can make all the difference without breaking the bank or adding too much time to your morning routine.
Foundation: Buffing on your foundation with a brush not only gives you a more flawless finish but helps your makeup wear longer
Concealer: Covering dark spots or blemishes with a concealer brush allows more precision, longer wear than dabbing with your fingers and helps to blend the concealer into your foundation.
Fun tip: Concealer brushes are also great to cover under eye circles without tugging at the sensitive skin and creating a flawless finish under your eyes