A new year comes with a fresh slate to try new things and resolve to make positive changes. We often hear things like "a new year, a new you" but I like to think resolutions are little reminders to be the best version of yourself. A few little things can make a world of difference- so here are 5 beauty resolutions to make you feel fabulous that you can keep all year!
1. Out With The Old- If you haven't used it in the last 6 months, get rid of it! Clearing out old stuff leaves room for new and exciting things. Who knows, you might find something fabulous in the back of your closet!
2. In With The New- Have you been using the same face makeup since you can remember? Do you wear black flats with everything because it's easy and they match? Trying new things can be intimidating but you may also find your new favorite product! Try picking up new lip gloss from the drugstore or if you need a little help click here to get started with Carleylu!
3. Clean Your Brushes- This is so important! Think about how often you use your makeup brushes, now think about when you cleaned them last. Chances are it's been a while. Your brushes are like the hottest new club for bacteria to hang out and you are putting them all over your face... gross! Not to mention they aren't cheap and keeping them clean makes them last much, much longer. Check out two of my favorite cleaning methods- DIY and the Beauty Blender Solid Cleaner.
4. Adopt A Skin Care Regime- Think of it this way...your skin is your canvas and it can't be replaced, so taking care of it extremely important! Skincare doesn't have to be overwhelming, adopting a few good habits makes all the difference. Find a sunscreen you love and use it everyday. Wash your makeup off EVERY night... I know we get tired but your skin will thank you. These simple things are easy to stick to and will make a world of difference.
5. Make A Statement- Pick up a new statement piece for your wardrobe. It doesn't need to be anything crazy, sometimes all you need is a fun scarf or bold bangle to spice things up. Maybe it's a bright pair of flats of those fabulous heels you've had you're eye on... whatever it is, go for it! Having a statement piece that you're excited to wear will transform your outfit and, more importantly, your attitude!
Here's to a happy, healthy and beautiful New Year!
Have you ever bought a pair of shoes you love only to have them collect dust in the back of your closet because they ruined a night on the dance floor? I bought a fabulous pair of Pour La Victoire patent leather pumps a while back and retired them after 1 wear because my toes were so scrunched my feet were killing me! Whenever I need sleek black pumps to complete my outfit, I am so tempted to reach for these beauties so I decided to get creative. I've read about different stretching techniques for leather shoes but wasn't sure about patent and had never tried anything beyond wearing shoes around the house to break them in.
I decided to take drastic measures and pulled out thick socks and the blow dryer...
Step 1: Put on socks and slide on heels...no, this will not feel comfortable but it doesn't take too long.
Step 2: Apply heat to the tight areas of the shoe with a blowdryer. The leather will start to feel warm and soft.
Step 3: Let leather cool while heels are still on your feet.
Step 4: Remove feet, socks and slide heels on barefoot.
I've worn these shoes twice since stretching them and have kept them on all night with no discomfort at all! They are now my go to black pumps and fit perfectly.