A new year comes with a fresh slate to try new things and resolve to make positive changes. We often hear things like "a new year, a new you" but I like to think resolutions are little reminders to be the best version of yourself. A few little things can make a world of difference- so here are 5 beauty resolutions to make you feel fabulous that you can keep all year!
1. Out With The Old- If you haven't used it in the last 6 months, get rid of it! Clearing out old stuff leaves room for new and exciting things. Who knows, you might find something fabulous in the back of your closet!
2. In With The New- Have you been using the same face makeup since you can remember? Do you wear black flats with everything because it's easy and they match? Trying new things can be intimidating but you may also find your new favorite product! Try picking up new lip gloss from the drugstore or if you need a little help click here to get started with Carleylu!
3. Clean Your Brushes- This is so important! Think about how often you use your makeup brushes, now think about when you cleaned them last. Chances are it's been a while. Your brushes are like the hottest new club for bacteria to hang out and you are putting them all over your face... gross! Not to mention they aren't cheap and keeping them clean makes them last much, much longer. Check out two of my favorite cleaning methods- DIY and the Beauty Blender Solid Cleaner.
4. Adopt A Skin Care Regime- Think of it this way...your skin is your canvas and it can't be replaced, so taking care of it extremely important! Skincare doesn't have to be overwhelming, adopting a few good habits makes all the difference. Find a sunscreen you love and use it everyday. Wash your makeup off EVERY night... I know we get tired but your skin will thank you. These simple things are easy to stick to and will make a world of difference.
5. Make A Statement- Pick up a new statement piece for your wardrobe. It doesn't need to be anything crazy, sometimes all you need is a fun scarf or bold bangle to spice things up. Maybe it's a bright pair of flats of those fabulous heels you've had you're eye on... whatever it is, go for it! Having a statement piece that you're excited to wear will transform your outfit and, more importantly, your attitude!
Here's to a happy, healthy and beautiful New Year!